- Single pass design for maximal product yields
- Energy efficient multi stage system
- Integrated, independently controlled pasteurizer
- Sophisticated liquid distribution for long cleaning intervals
- Optimized CIP with high performance spray nozzles
The Bucher Unipektin falling vacuum film evaporators are designed for the production of high quality juice concentrates and aroma essences. They typically combine the process steps pasteurization, aroma stripping and concentration in one system. Short processing time, low heat impact and sophisticated hygienic design predestinate the evaporators for the concentration of all kinds of fruit juices, i. e. from apples, pears, berries, grapes and stone fruits. Due to the uniquely designed liquid distributors they can handle juices with high suspended solids contents and with tatrate.
The evaporators are typically multi staged systems. The energy efficiency can further be improved by implementing mechanical or thermal vapour recompressors. In the evaporators that feed liquid is preheated with concentrated product and condensed vapours in various heat exchangers for maximum energy efficiency. Before entering the first evaporation column the product can be pasteurized with controlled temperature for microbiological and physicochemical stabilization. The liquid is evenly distributed in the column head to ensure optimum wetting of the inner wall surfaces of all evaporation tubes. The tubes are heated from the outside with steam or recompressed vapours. The developing product vapours push the liquid in a thin layer alongside the tube walls towards the separation chamber at the bottom of the column. Due to the applied pressure gradient the preconcentrated product can be further concentrated in the next effects with the vapours from the previous effect. Optionally the first vapours are fed to an aroma column where they are condensed and refined to yield a concentrated aroma essence.
- Type: Vacuum tubular falling film evaporator
- Number of effects: 1 to 7
- Evaporation capacity: 10 to 110 t/h
- Vapour recompression: mechanical or thermal (optional)
- Aroma recovery: multi plate rectification column (optional)